New York Mets vs New York Yankees Preview

NY Yankees vs NY Mets 8-3-16 MLB Free Pick & Odds, Preview, Score Prediction

The New York Mets welcomed Jay Bruce to the lineup and rolled over the New York Yankees on Tuesday to earn a split of the two-game series at Citi Field. Bruce went 0-for-4 with a pair of strikeouts in his team debut on Tuesday but the Mets still won easily (7-1 win).  The Yankees already declared their intention to play for the future and are expected to integrate some of their more advanced prospects into the majors over the last two months of the season, leaving less time for the veterans. At the beginning of the year most people would not have a Yankees prediction of them being a team playing for next year but, that is just where they are. They are an old team that needs to drop a lot of payroll and get some young talent in the lineup.

In today’s matchup, the Mets definitely have an edge with Steven Matz (8-7, 3.35 ERA) going to the mound versus Chad Green (1-2, 4.56) and the Yankees.
Sportsbetting

Mets vs Yankees; Time, Date, TV, Odds

GAME: New York Mets (55-51) at New York Yankees (53-53)
DATE/TIME: Wednesday, August 03 – 7:05 PM EST
WHERE: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York
TV: 7:05 p.m. ET, ESPN, SNY (Mets), YES (Yankees)
MONEY LINE: Mets (-120), Yankees +110
RUN LINE: Mets (-1.5) +145, Yankees +1.5 (-160)
TOTAL: 8 Over (-110)
Current MLB Betting Lines from Bovada

NY Mets vs NY Yankees Preview

Starting Pitchers:
Mets LH Steven Matz (8-7, 3.35 ERA) vs
Yankees RH Chad Green (1-2, 4.56)

Want to bet online? Top Welcome Bonus offer from Sportsbetting.ag
50% First Deposit Bonus

About New York Mets

Matz snapped a nine-start winless streak with six scoreless innings at Miami on July 24 but could not get enough run support to make it two straight. He then allowed two runs on 10 hits in six innings against Colorado on Friday but ended up with the loss in a 6-1 final. Matz is making his second career Subway Series start and won his first by surrendering one run in six innings against the Yankees on Sept. 18, 2015. He has done well away from home with going 5-3 with a 3.35 ERA.

New York Mets Betting Trends

NY Mets are 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 15 of NY Mets’s last 21 games
The Over/Under has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of NY Mets’s last 11 games on the road
NY Mets are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games when playing NY Yankees
The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 7 games when playing NY Yankees
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
NY Mets are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
Money Line On Road; 26-25, -283 (51%)
Money Line when Steven Matz starts; 10-9, -105 (52.6%)
Over/Under When Line is 8 or 8.5; 7-14-1 (33.3%)
Over/UnderOn Road When Line is 8 or 8.5; 4-9-1 (30.8%)
Over/Under when Steven Matz starts; 7-12 (36.8%)

About New York Yankees

Green is getting a shot in the rotation in the spot vacated when Ivan Nova was traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates at the deadline on Monday. He has been relegated to the bullpen recently with his last against Cleveland on July 8, when he was reached for seven runs on five hits, (four home runs) in 4 1/3 innings.

New York Yankees Betting Trends

NY Yankees are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 13 of NY Yankees’s last 18 games
The Over/Under has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games at home
NY Yankees are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games when playing NY Mets
NY Yankees are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games when playing NY Mets
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games when playing at home against NY Mets
NY Yankees are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against NY Mets
Money Line At Home; 29-22, +42 (56.9%)
Money Line when Chad Green starts; 1-2, -121 (33.3%)
Over/Under At Home; 19-27-5 (41.3%)
Over/Under when Chad Green starts; 3-0 (100%)

MLB Umpire Betting Stats

Nick Lentz 16 Games: Home Teams 9-7,  Over 7-9.
See ALL MLB umpire stats at OddsScores.Live

Mets vs Yankees MLB Pick

The Mets will have Yoenis Cespedes at DH and Jay Bruce in the outfield. This is the type of lineup that the Mets need to be a contender for the World Series. The Mets have the better pitcher and a better line up on the field. If you took the logos off the uniforms and just made a judgement based on the talent the Mets should be -160 in this game. I am all over the Mets with two bets. I am taking the Mets on the money line with 90% of my bankroll and I am placing the other 10% on the Mets on the run line.

NY Mets vs NY Yankees Prediction:
Mets 6 – Yankees 3

Current MLB Betting Lines from Bovada
Current MLB futures odds from Bovada